A- THE REGIONAL INSTITUTES
The network of the International Association Pan African Institute for Development (PAID) whose headquarters is in Geneva-Switzerland is composed of a General Secretariat with two offices; one in Geneva and another in Yaoundé-Cameroon and five regional institutes below:
- Institut panafricain pour le Développement – Afrique Centrale (IPD-AC): Established in Douala-Cameroon since 1964, covering the following countries: Angola, Burundi, Cameroon (Francophone), Central African Republic, Congo (Brazzaville), Gabon, Comoros, Equatorial Guinea, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Seychelles, Sao Tome and Principe and Chad.
- Pan African Institute for Development - West Africa (PAID-WA): Established in Buea -Cameroon since 1969, covering the following countries: Cameroon (Anglophone), Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone.
- Institut panafricain pour le Développement – Afrique de l’Ouest et Sahel (IPD-AOS), Established in Ouagadougou-Burkina Faso since 1977, covering the following countries: Benin Republic, Cape Verde, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo.
- Pan African Institute for Development - East and Southern Africa (PAID-ESA): Established in Kabwe –Zambia since 1979, covering the following countries: South Africa, Botswana, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Uganda, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Institut panafricain pour le Développement – Afrique du Nord (IPD-AN): Established in Salé - Morocco since 2010, cover the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania and Tunisia.
B- FOCAL POINTS
The focal points are entities that represent the regional institutes in various countries covered by them e.g. Learning Support Centres (LSC). Their areas of intervention are limited by country or city. They usually have the following functions:
- Promoting the activities of regional institutes;
- Advocacy with technical and financial partners in America and Europe;
- Organizing delocalized activities (examinations and competitive entrance examination, Training, Projects).