Name: Dr. Asongwe Godswill Azinwie
Position: Dean of Studies
- BSc: Environmental Science and a Minor in Botany (2007), University of Buea Cameroon.
- MSc: Natural Resources and Environmental Management (2010), University of Buea Cameroon.
- Ph.D Soil Sciences | Environmental Chemistry and Soil Fertility | University of Dschang Cameroon.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant in the Department of Geology and Environmental Sciences, University of Buea Cameroon (2010-2011).
- Research Assistant, Youngka Western Highland Research Garden Park, Nkwen Bamenda (2012-2014).
- Consultant Volunteer, PAID-WA (2014-2015) Consultant/Coordinator of the Regional Planning and Project Management Programme (2015-Date)
- SALLAH , A. , ASONGWE G. A., NKWELLE J. A., NGANG, F. D. (2017). Effect of different Organic Manures and Mineral NPK Fertilizer on Maize Yield on Volcanic Soils of the Mt Cameroon area under minimum tillage. Greener Journal of Agriculture. In Press Asongwe, G.A., Yerima, B. P. K., Tening, A. S., Mbomi, E, S (2017). Food security and environmental implications of urban wetlands utilisation as vegetable gardens: the case of Bamenda municipality Cameroon, Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. Accepted and In Press
- Asongwe, G. A., and Yerima, B. P.K. (2016). Heavy Metal Status in Urban and Peri-Urban Wetland Soils under Vegetable Cultivation in the Bamenda Municipality Cameroon. Greener Journal of Soil Sciences and Plant Nutrition, 3(1): 1-13.
- Asongwe, G.A., Yerima, B. P. K., Tening, A. S. (2016). Spatial variability of selected physico-chemical properties of soils under vegetable cultivation in urban and peri-urban wetland gardens of Bamenda municipality, Cameroon. African Journal of Agricultural, 11:74-86
- Asongwe, G.A., Yerima, B. P. K., Tening, A. S. (2014). Vegetable production and the livelihood of farmers in Bamenda Municipality, Cameroon. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, 3:682 – 700.
- Tening, A. S., Asongwe, G. A., Chuyong, G. B., Fonge, B. A., Mvondo Ze, A D. (2014). Heavy metal status in the Rio del Rey Mangroves of Cameroon. International journal of current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, 3: 701 -717.
- Tening, A. S. Chuyong, G. B., Asongwe, G. A., Fonge, F, B.A., Lifongo, L, L., Tandia, B, K. (2013). Nitrate and ammonium levels of some water bodies and their interaction with some selected properties of soils in Douala metropolis, Cameroon. African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 7: 648 – 656.
- Fonge, B. A., Tening, A. S., Egbe, A, E. Awo, E. M, focho, D. A,. Oben, P, M., Asongwe, G. A, and Zenoziwoh, R. M. (2011). Fish (Aruis heudelotii) as bio-indicator of heavy metals in Douala Estuary, Cameroon. African journal of Biotechnology, 10:16581 - 16588
Areas of Interests
- Food Security
- Urban Planning/Land Evaluation
- Impact Assessment
- Climate Change
- 14th June 2009: Water Management in Buea organized by the Buea Water Management Committee, Water Research Group of the University of Buea and the Public Works School of Cameroon.
- 11th – 14th November and 1st -2nd 2008: Remote Sensing for Geohazard Monitoring organized by Department of Geology and Environmental Science, University of Buea with Dr. Philippe Trefois and Dr. Mathiew Kervyn of the University of Ghent as Resource Persons.
- 6th November 2008. Creating Awareness on Toxicology organized by the African Education Initiative Buea Branch.
- 8th – 11th November 2008: Risk Management and Assessment for Environmental Protection in Sub-Sahara Africa organized by DAAD ALUMNI/ University of Buea.
- 2nd – 4th April 2007. HIV/AIDS Educators Training programme organized by Helps International (HINT) Buea Branch.